The High-Tech Texan Blog

Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Brand Extension

So I create this brand called "The High-Tech Texan" back in 2001. I research every bit of technology I can, test and review thousands of products, host a tech-oriented radio program on Houston's biggest talk radio station and provide sound bites and appearances to TV stations about the latest technology news and gadgets. Now what?

The geniuses at our station want me to talk even more! About other things. So starting Monday, March 2, at 9:00am CT, we invite you to tune in and WATCH "The Michael Garfield Show." Or as I like to call it, "The World According To Garf."

I actually tried this once before on our station a few years ago. Did the Mon-Fri thing for about 8-9 months before station management (one again those geniuses) brought in a syndicated morning show. I fell back to my technology schtick on Saturday afternoons and have been quite comfy with my 3 hour work week. Now I go the office 6 days a week for you.

While we continue to figure out exactly which direction to take the show, no doubt we will discuss local issues (upcoming mayoral and gubernatorial elections; T-Mac is a whiny baby), daily news (which company let go 10,000 employees today?; how far did your stocks fall today?), pop culture, entertainment, lifestyle and yes, maybe just a little tech. But we will be leaning on you to contribute.

We will lean on the web and email to get listener comments and feedback but also utilize my tried-and-true live videoconference. Using omNovia's web conferencing service, you can see what's going in our studio but also everyone else logging on with a webcam. But please keep your clothes on and brush your hair.

Online social networking is en fuego now and I will be all over Facebook and Twitter to start. Make sure to add me as your Facebook "friend" and join "The World According To Garf" group. Twitter users can follow me here. And you never know what you may WIN (I know, a cheesy way to get listeners and fans but so what).

And if the show is not enough, check out my brand new website here. The team at JDCommerce did an incredible job of building this new site with an updated look packed with features like videos, links, blog, downloads, email newsletter and a quick way to listen and watch my shows online. The site was created in just a matter of weeks to coincide with the new show. There is no reason why JDCommerce can't do the same for you.

So welcome to my new worlds, both real and virtual. Won't you be my neighbor (and "friend")?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home