The High-Tech Texan Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Vista Beta 2 Released

Microsoft has just released the first public version of its new OS, Vista. It's called Windows Vista Beta 2 and it's a preview of Windows Vista Ultimate - "the most comprehensive edition of Windows Vista". Ultimate is one of a reported six different versions of Vista that will eventually be released.

The Beta 2 is aimed at developers and here is the download site. Be warned though, these are (obviously) very hefty downloads - around 3 GB. You'll also need a key to run Vista Beta 2.

I have not downloaded yet as I'm still a bit gunshy of from the early reviews I have read. I have seen it run on machines in meetings with Microsoft folks and it looks sharp. I'll just wait to read your opinions below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home