The High-Tech Texan Blog

Friday, June 29, 2007

iDay is here (finally!)

After midnight and I just received an email from the AT&T PR folks. As of 11pm there was a report that 10 people were in line at their Pasadena store, 5708 Fairmont Parkway, and maybe a few people at the Tomball Parkway location. I thought there would be more iManiacs but maybe they just don't like humidity and bugs. Or maybe the iPhone won't be selling as fast as expected.

Either way I will be doing my show from the AT&T Experience Store on SW Freeway near Buffalo Speedway. I'll be talking with Ken Fisher, VP of AT&T's wireless market in Houston; Ed Cholerton, VP/GM of their local wired side of the company and maybe some of those iManiacs who sweated outside all night.

I made my decision. I will come back later in the day to stand in line with the rest of the disciples early adopters to see if I can have the priviledge of paying $600 plus tax plus whatever accessories will make the device stand out even more. Keep checking back throughout the day for more reports, photos and hopefully video of the 6pm "rush" through the front doors.

In the meantime, check out CNET's "Everything iPhone" page. And click on that picture to see it in detail. Hilarious!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • wheres the video link?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home