The High-Tech Texan Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2008

890 Miles and Back; See You at AT&T Store on Friday - iPhones?

Just got back from a 5 day, 5 city drive across this great state of ours. If you were not following along take a look back at how I and a hypermiler cruised almost 900 miles all to prove the point that driving a hybrid car and using hypermiling tips can save a ton of gas.

And, yes, Dan Bryant made it the entire way on ONE TANK of gas. Stay tuned for war stories we encountered on the road this Saturday on my radio show (11a-2p, The 9-5-0).

We'll be at Discovery Green on Friday at 11am to take some photos and officially finish the Hybrid Tour of Texas. Come on out if you want to see the Toyota Prius'.

After that I will get over to the new AT&T Store at Town & Country Mall - 790 West Sam Houston Pkwy North, #106. It's the grand opening and I'll be hosting a text contest from 12p-2p to see who has the fastest fingers in Houston. Bring the kids, they are eligible to win prizes like free Rollover minutes.

I tried to convince the nice people to hold back a few iPhones and sell them when I get there at 12p. They couldn't promise anything but I know they like surprising people. We shall see....

Labels: , , ,