The High-Tech Texan Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

What Did You Do With Your Old iPhone?

Give it to your spouse? Let your kids have it? Use it as a paperweight? Here's my suggestion - find a Hollywood celebrity and sell it to him.

For the past few days I have been thinking of what to do with my iPhone version 1 when I got a new iPhone on Friday. I heard a few friends say they were going to sell their original iPhones to other friends for $100 or so. I checked eBay and saw several such devices for sale that sold for up to $350.

So not more than 2 hours after I bought a new iPhone 3G I went by my office at the Clear Channel Radio studios. I popped into the KTRH newsroom to show off my shiny new gadget and I glanced at this guy who looked very similar to actor/comedian Christopher Titus. I didn't think much of it as I poked my head into the 790 The Sports Animal control room.

Turns out that Christopher Titus was waiting to go on air with the morning guys to promote his weekend shows at Laff Stop. As I was showing the new iPhone to the producer, Titus and his entourage ran in to the room to see the device I was holding. While they were ooohing and aaahing, Titus said that his original iPhone was recently stolen out of the gym. He then jokingly asked how much I wanted for my old iPhone.

I told him what they were being sold for on eBay and said I will probably list it on there. Next thing I know he's whipping out his wallet and counting cash.
Congrats, Titus. You now own The HTT's iPhone. Use it well, my friend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home