The High-Tech Texan Blog

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer is here

I don't care what the calendar says. June 20 is weeks away but it is hot. Africa hot.

Summer means graduation (congrats to all my high school and college followers who are done) and Father's Day (June 15, if you are counting down, Dads). These two occasions are big gift giving events so let's plan to talk about ideas and suggestions this weekend.

I did just receive a press release from a website called Excitations that offers a "wide variety of experiences starting at $50 and up." Check these out:
  • Indoor Rock Climbing – from $50
  • Ultimate Stock Car Ride-Along – from $95
  • Hot Lather Shave – from $70
  • Indoor Skydiving – from $95

If my kids are reading this I would like to suggest a private trapeze party " from $310.

We have a nice slew of guests on Saturday's show. Dan Bryant is a guru when it comes to getting the most mileage from a tank of gas. He currently averages near 100mpg in his Prius using some interesting tips and tricks.

Carbonite is an online backup service to protect your important data, photo and video files. CEO David Friend will chat with me in the 1pm hour along with giving away free trial subscriptions. Hint: use the code word "RADIO".

And congrats to our title sponsor, Aramco Services Company, on the 75th anniversary of its parent company, Saudi Aramco. They had a big bash earlier this week and despite my lack of receiving an invitation I'm sure a good time was had by all.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home