The High-Tech Texan Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2006

We Now Return You To Our Regular Programming

No more WiFi war blogging. Old news. Back to my usual schtick, rants and whatever (that's what blogs are for).

Saw the preview of The Davinci Code Thursday night. Did not read the book so here's my quick-tique:

Long. Chatty. Dark. Cryptic. Religious. Long. Wow, that is one loooong movie.

Clocked in at almost 2 1/2 hours but it seemed longer. Maybe because I took my 11 year old son with me but I was squirming more than he was (a bit A.D.D., I'm sure).

I took a small random sampling of our fellow movie goers on the way out. Pretty tepid response. It was "OK," "pretty good," "not as exciting as I expected" and "that was it?".

I'm a big Tom Hanks fan (Bosom Buddies - classic!) but note to Hollywood producers...if you plan to turn a blockbuster book into a movie, think twice before casting Hanks as the star (see Bonfire of the Vanities, The Davinci Code).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home