The High-Tech Texan Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Golf Tourney and more

I hate apologizing for "light blogging" as I it's technically not my job to keep up my blog and God knows if anyone even reads this thing. But I have been pre-occupied for a while...

This coming October 15 is my 4th annual golf tournament. The Land Tejas Company and I coordinate a large event each year to raise funds for MDA. I recently presented a check on the Channel 2 Jerry Lewis Telethon for $85,500 from last year's tourney. We have been hard at work these past few weeks as we are shooting for $100,000 or more this year.

While we were away:

Halo 3 was released. Oops, some disks were scratched but it netted $170 million in U.S. sales on Day 1.
Americans are giving up friends and sex for web surfing.
A new phone service offers free calls in exchange for ads.
Amazon launched a DRM-free music site with songs as low as 89 cents.
Vonage lost its appeal in the Verizon case. It's stock is sinking quickly.
Ford will install HD Radio in most of its cars in 2008. A much needed boost for the service.

These topics and much more will be served up this Saturday on my show. BTW, this will be the final show in the 1p-4p slot. Beginning the following Saturday I recapture my long-time original time slot of 11a-2p. Got things to give away like Wings Over Houston tickets and ErgoWrap units so tune in.

And finally I would like to invite anyone reading this (anyone out there?) to consider joining me and 250 friends in a fun-filled day of golf, food, drink, prizes and local celebs. The Land Tejas/Michael Garfield Celebrity Golf Tournament will be held Monday, October 15, at Houston National Golf Club (Hwy 290 near Barker Cypress). Lunch and registration begin at 10am with a 12 noon tee time. Cocktails and dinner follow around 5pm and our goodie bags are worth the price of the donation (Nike golf shoes, embroidered jacket, hat, golf balls, gift certificates). Email me for a registration form. See you out there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home