The High-Tech Texan Blog

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

1/1/08. Did ya get what you wanted for the holidays? Have you returned anything (or everything)? Cashed in those gift cards?

I've been hearing from a lot of people and, for the most part, everyone seems happy with their gifts. I'm still sending suggestions on what to buy with those gift cards. Slingbox anyone? Other options I like...

In other news, T-minus 413 days until the end of analog TV broadcasts. The Department of Congress finally launched a site with information about digital converter boxes. If you have any type of cable, satellite, U-verse or digital system, there is not much need to sweat the February 17, 2009, cut off date. Even if you have an older TV set that is hooked up to one of these content delivery systems, you are good to go.

But for those Luddites who pull down their local TV signals via rabbit ears, I might suggest logging online (if they have a PC) or calling 1-888-DTV-2009 to request a $20 coupon for converter box. Coupons will be mailed by this March and be valid for 90 days. If not, then I guess the only electronic medium for you will be radio. And feel free to tune in to The 9-5-0.

I'm off to the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas this Sunday and will report back all the news that's fit to blog. Let me know if you are interested in a particular product or rumor and I will try to check it out.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I found an excellent site; it had all the info about the Digital Transition and requesting the $40 coupon. I just ordered my 2 coupons from it. http://www.digitalconverterbox.org

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home