The High-Tech Texan Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

IE 7 - Download and Go

Yes, download the thing. It's nice to know that many people (actually several dozen) took the time to think about and write me before downloading the new Internet Explorer 7. Just because something is new does not necessarily mean you need it or it will work better.

But in this case I have no issues recommending the new browser. I had been using the pre-release version for several months on my laptop. Soon after the link was posted on Microsoft's website last night I downloaded and installed it. 15 minutes start-to-finish. One reboot later and BOOM, I was surfing with tabs.

An avid listener of mine, Mike King, just pointed out that a vulnerability has already been discovered that could allow disclosure of private information and can be exploited by a remote system. Security notification firm Secunia reports that the same bug was discovered six months ago in IE6 but remains unresolved.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home