The High-Tech Texan Blog

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

CES Musings

Traffic. Construction. Crowds. Walking. Yep, it's CES.

Arrived late Monday afternoon and hit a private media reception showcasing about 100 new products. Wireless ways to recharge cell phones and cameras, new types of Bluetooth earpieces, WiFi in cars, remote controlled toy helicopters, remote webcam and TV watching. I DON'T WANNA LEAVE!!

The Las Vegas Convention Center is enormous and the CES spills over to other meeting places. Glad I brought my running shoes; this is actually good training and tapering for the half marathon this Sunday. Name a tech-related company and they are here. The big daddies like Microsoft, Sony and Samsung spend millions on their booths alone.

Getting prepped for my first show out in here in about an hour. Hoping tha that my guests can find my broadcast location. Palm is scheduled to be first on the docket today and we are giving away a new Treo.

More rants and pics to come...