The High-Tech Texan Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2006

New Show Time, CES

I knew it would come back to haunt me. After "working" a whole 2 hours a week for the past 4+ years, I now get to yap six days in a row. And boy are my vocal chords tired.

Been holding down the M-F 9a-11a spot on TalkRadio 950 KPRC for a few weeks now. It's fun talking to people about regular stuff - should English be put on the Friendswood ballot as the city's official language, will the Democrats create a universal tax for online purchases next year, what's your fave Xmas TV special? No, no and Charlie Brown.

I've also been doing my Saturday 12p-2p technology show which means Sunday I get to rest. Which means yelling at the kids and cheering at football games - so much for my vocal chords.

Things will slow down soon as my schedule settles down. Beginning next Monday, December 18, my daily show moves to 12p-1p. You'll hear more technology news and info as I get back to being my normal self. And the countdown is on to my final Saturday show. My last live show will be Saturday, December 23, while we do a "Best Of" on Saturday, December 30, when I'll be wathing the Horns in the Alamo Bowl.

Cool stuff coming up, though. I'll be going to the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas the first part of January. Always a fun place to meet companies and get a peek at new gadgets for the upcoming year. I will be shooting my TV segments for the nationally syndicated Hot On Homes program and will broadcast my radio show live from the show floor. Send me suggestions on companies you would like me to bring on as guests. And yes I will try to bring back samples for everyone!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Motorola always has new cool stuff. See what they are bringing out in terms of cell phones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 PM  

  • Sony, Sony, Sony

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 PM  

  • Would love to see the latest from HTC. They have the best phones out now.

    Also, I'm sorry I missed your Technology Roundtable last week. I just started a blog to cover technology startups in the Houston area and am looking to keep up with all new developments.

    Check it out at www.startuphouston.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home