The High-Tech Texan Blog

Friday, April 20, 2007

Look Out London, Here I Come!

Tune in and log on Monday-Wednesday, April 23-25, as this Texan tries to master the English language, choke down some fish 'n chips and hit every pub between Big Ben and Windsor Castle.

It's actually not that difficult to do a show from a studio most anywhere in the world. But to attempt something that has never been done before, my new European pen pals and I will set up a unique system that allows me to do my show while rotating up to 443 feet above the city. If all goes according to plan, I'll be yapping from inside a pod on the famous London Eye - the world's tallest Ferris wheel. (Get it? EyePod)

Lots of things to see and report on from across the pond. I've been spending time on VisitLondon.com to see everything going on. Greenwich is on the outskirts of London. That's the place from where all time zones are measured. May have to wander over and synchronize my watch with those atomic clocks.


London is hosting the 2012 Summer Olympics. Prince William has a cell phone. And getting there should be half the fun as I check out British Airways' 777 plane (upgrade, please!). Found a great deal at the Radission Edwardian hotel near Oxford Stree (free WiFi!).

I'm bringing my webcam so we can videoconference during the show as usual. I'm leaving Friday night so send me any places you want me to visit, restaurants you want me to hit or look up any relatives you have over there.







Cheerio.

Labels: