The High-Tech Texan Blog

Monday, February 11, 2008

Blackberry Service Down

Stop emailing me! Yes, I know Blackberry email service has been down for a few hours. It must have been hard finding an actual computer or laptop - and using that big keyboard - to send me emails. You're used to banging messages out on that little RIM device.

Research In Motion notified customers this afternoon of a "critical severity outage." In other words, back away from the windows and rooftop ledges people. This is just a technological blip that will soon get resolved.

This happened to RIM last April when several hundred thousand customers across North America experienced a Blackberry blackout.

I just got word from my contact at the company's Canadian headquarters that the issue has been resolved. It may take several hours for devices to be fully opertational due to the backload of undelivered messages.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home