The High-Tech Texan Blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

Welcome To The End Of My Career

Payback. After enjoying a luxurious 7 year vacation of sorts by "working" a few hours a week on radio, it's time I get my lazy butt in gear and start earning a living. Not that local radio pays a whole helluva lot but I'm gonna try.

Beginning Tuesday, November 21, I will host the daily 9a-11a slot on TalkRadio 950 KPRC. The suits at Clear Channel apparently think my B.S. degree from UT stands for something other than Bachelor of Science. So they are letting me use these initials to hopefully provide some provocative thoughts and interesting talk every morning.
I am actually pretty excited. The technology schtick got me this far so maybe opening up my mind may do something even more. I need your help, though. When you get to the office tune in to the live stream by clicking the station link above. You can send me email (make it funny and sarcastic and you're sure to get it on air) and I'll soon be bringing in my webcam for a live videoconference.
My Saturday afternoon technology show first aired back in April 2002 (photo). I'll still host this for a few more weeks until I dedicate my full time to the daily gig. If I'm lucky I may make the M-F deal last at least the 4 1/2 years my Saturday show has been on. If not, it's been nice knowing you!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • It won't just last. It will THRIVE,

    Mazel Tov to the max.

    By Blogger R., at 8:48 AM  

  • good luck on your new show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

  • When will Pat Gray come back? Are they changing into a liberal format?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home