The High-Tech Texan Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Congrats BarCampers

BarCamp H-Town seemed to be a success. Marc Nathan of the Houston Technology Center phoned in to my show from the 2nd annual event and seemed stoked on a few dozen Red Bulls. Of course that is how technocrats roll.

Over 100 people attended the day-long event. The sessions went well. Who's ready for BCIII?

My boy McGuff the News Dog did a nice job of covering BarCamp with his unique yet wobbly video essay. I'll let him tell you more.

Note: Russell Holliman from Podcast Ready who appears in the story will be on my radio show this Saturday (1p-4p on The 9-5-0)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I need to investigate what was in those drinks they served. That's what could have made it wobbly!

    By Blogger mike mcguff, at 11:41 PM  

  • Michael,

    Thanks again for letting me pimp the BarCamp event live on your show and also for promoting it in the weeks leading up to what I think was a massively successful gathering.

    For the record, I was mainlining excellent fresh-brewed coffee from my good friends at www.coffeegroundz.com that morning. I know that you're not a coffee drinker, but they also serve a wide variety of more adult beverages which I think you can appreciate.

    It has taken me a week to come down off of the high of a great Houston Technology Community event (and close my eyes after all that coffee) to make this comment.

    We wouldn't be anywhere without your continued help and support.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home