The High-Tech Texan Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Romo Is No Mo'

A day of ups-and-downs. I finished the Aramco Houston Half Marathon with a personal best time of 1:48. For an aging guy I am satisfied with an 8:17 pace for the 13.1 miles. So I was pumped the rest of the day until...

...ugh. The Cowboys game. I knew the Giants + 7.5 points looked good early in the week. I could have made a mint had I taken the Giants on the money line. Alas, my plans to spend my birthday in Glendale, Arizona, watching the Cowboys in the Super Bowl are gone. Party at my house instead.

Hope everyone enjoyed our live broadcast on Saturday from the Roger Clemens Institute Marathon Expo. Yes, that was the title sponsor. Everyone received a syringe and a vial of Lidocaine. And wouldn't you know it, all 21,000 runners finished in world-record time.

Thanks to Aramco Services Company for letting us set up shop in their booth at the Expo. We will return to normal in-studio programming next Saturday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home