The High-Tech Texan Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

DivePod

I've told you many times about Otterbox products. Met these folks at CES earlier this year and my family uses their waterproof, protective cases on all pods. It's nice to run with music and not fear that my sweat will short out my nano or bust open if I drop it (I run very fast, ya know!).

The one issue I have is that my headphones do get sweaty. I've actually killed a few between my sweat and the one time I jumped in the pool and forgot to take them off. Aha.....

H20 Audio headphones! The company sent me a pair to try and I figured they would either float or the sound would be muffled underwater. Wrong on both counts. The phones are submersible up to 10 ft. when used with a special housing. My pool is only 5 1/2 feet at its deepest part so I am free to roam all 15,000 gallons.

The speakers are waterproof so when connected to my waterproof Otterbox there are no worries of a bubbly Mariah Carey. Crystal clear. To keep themselves anchored to your head the headphones wrap around the back of your neck; pretty smart as the cord does not get in the way of your swimming stroke.

Suggested price is $39.99 and H20 Audio offers several other models including a unit for scuba diving. I'm downloading the Yellow Submarine mp3 for that test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home