The High-Tech Texan Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day 1

Wake up: 6:30am
Take kids to school: 7:30am
Arrive at KPRC studios: 8:00am
Figure out what the hell I'm gonna talk about my 1st day: 14.8 seconds
Move my stuff into office with Berry and Chris Baker: 8:40am
Mic on: 9:06am
Dead air: Believe it or not, NONE!

Got through my first day as a "real" talk host today and it went alright. I've done this media thing for a long time but I had one of those nervous-excited feelings. Kinda like David Carr before a game realizing he's probably going to get embarassed and have the s**t kicked out of him.

Had a nice batch of callers in Hour 1 but they tapered off in the 2nd hour. I have to get the audience used to not calling about technology related questions as I'll save those for my Saturday 12p-2p show. Got a few random calls about the Michael Richards incident which we covered pretty well.

I received no less than 60 emails during the show with most posing the queston "Where is Pat Gray?" The station has an official statement for the response but in simple terms he is a good man, the station's ratings weren't where they wanted them to be and it was time for a change. I found out about the opportunity only last Thursday but it is certainly something I had been wanting for some time.

I'll get more comfy moving into more subjects as time goes by. I know you are out there listening and blogging so don'tbe shy. Suck it up and call. Shoot the s**t with me. Think of it as an on-air blog. And maybe I'll be around for a while.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home