The High-Tech Texan Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Eastern Syndicate

Great, another Boston-New York championship game. Just what we need.

I'm not a fan of the Least Coast, especially the northeastern section of our country. Hate the time zone. The Bawston accents. The NY cockiness. Now we have to go through the annual two-week hyperbole of "the greatest game ever played."

I'm still pissed the Cowboys blew it in the Divisional Round but the fact that their division rival Giants are going all the way only fuels the fire. I guess I'll root for the Pats only to wach them run the table at 19-0. But I'll definitely take the 14 points that Vegas is giving the Giants.

I'm more interested in learning about the TV spots airing during the Super Bowl. $2.7 million per 30 seconds is again a record amount but most all of the advertisers will realize most of that money in the exposure leading up to the game.

We'll soon see snippets of the ads on YouTube, sponsor websites and entertainment shows. USA Today will have a daily watch of celebrities, athletes and pets starring in them. We already know that Justin Timberlake will dance in a Pepsi ad with an Amazon tie-in. Note: free music downloads!

Oh well, we'll still celebrate February 3 around here. I turn XLIII.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home